Other than Ice Hockey, is your son playing a second sport? Is it soccer, football or baseball? Those sports do provide some benefits in helping your skater become a well- rounded athlete but the biggest bang for your buck, when choosing a second athletic venue to compliment hockey, is playing Lacrosse. So why is Lacrosse the fastest growing second sport for hockey players?
- Similarities of offensive schemes, hand eye, type of body contact, cardio.
- No Football or Soccer Nazi’s… Definition: Coaches who punish players who are absent in order to attend alternative sporting events like hockey.
- The still great potential for playing lacrosse in college. My own son played for the North Dakota State Bison last season but only played a year of JV Hockey in HS…
- Politics has not yet ruined it.
- Never too late to start… There are numerous players who start playing lacrosse at 12-13 years old who make their HS teams a few years later.
So check out lacrosse in your community this winter and give your player more than a second sport to play. Give them one that will truly enhance their hockey skills when they’re off the ice and on a field…